ORDERING MEDICATION DURING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
HOW TO ORDER YOUR MEDICATION
Ways to order
- You can order your medication online if you have signed up for online services.
- You can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can write your request out and post it into the collection box outside the surgery
- Telephone RequestsFor patients who do not have access to the internet or online services we are temporarily accepting telephone requests for medication.
Ensure that you know the name and dose of your medication before your ring the surgery. We will not accept requests from patients asking for “the blue inhaler” or the little white tablet I take every day “
The receptionist will ask for your personal identifiers i.e.: name, date of birth and address before discussing your request.
We will not accept requests for “all my medication”. You must know what you need to ask for.
The receptionist will read back your request to check you have ordered everything you need.
We will ask you to choose a pharmacy which we will send your prescription through to electronically as ALL prescriptions are now being sent this way.
Please allow time for the surgery and the pharmacy to process your request. This may take a little longer than your normal turnaround time
Should you need to have your medication delivered, you will need to arrange this with your pharmacy directly.
Please do not ring us to check if your prescription is ready, our telephones lines are extremely busy and the staff are tied up dealing with urgent calls.
We will not accept requests where medication is not due.
- Please use the right-hand side of your repeat prescription slip and tick each item as required and then drop the slip into the prescription post box in reception, or post it through the door.
- You can request in writing, stating clearly the items you require, please print your name, date of birth, address, who prescribed the medication and also the strength and dosage.
- If you want your prescription to be sent through the post, please enclose a Stamped Addressed Envelope.
- You can also log onto SystmOnline. If you have a password please click on the image below. If you do not yet have a password but would like one please contact the surgery. (The registration process is simple. You need to show some ID and the receptionist will issue you with a password which will be activated within 24 hours).
Please remember - your prescription will be ready after 48 hours (2 working days) from the practice, but please also allow the pharmacy 2 days to process your prescription if you have signed up for electronic prescribing. Thank you.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.