Complaints and compliments


We are always pleased to receive suggestions, which would improve patient care.

Complaints or difficulties, which you experience, can be raised with any of the Doctors or the Practice Manager. A formal complaint should be made in writing to the Practice Manager who will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days, investigate and where possible reach a conclusion within 10 working days.

We and our staff have the right to work in a safe, non abusive environment. We operate a zero tolerance policy towards violent or abusive behaviour. We reserve the right to remove offenders from our list and will press for the strongest penalties in law.







WA3 4DZ 

TEL : 01925 765101





 ​​​​​​Complaints should be addressed to Shelley Moores, Practice Manager or Sandra Chambers Office manager

at the above address or to Dr J Macbeth, lead GP for complaints. 

We will explain the complaints procedure to you and will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.

It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint. 

If you wish to discuss your concerns further please contact:

 NHS England Contact Centre, PO Box 16738h, Redditch

B87 9PT 

If you feel that your complaint has not been dealt with Satisfactorily you can address your concerns to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman at the following address: The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman Citygate, Mosley Street, Manchester,M2 3HQ 


We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days. We aim to have looked into your complaint within 10 working days of the date when you raised it with us.   

· Find out what happened and what went wrong

· Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate

· Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again. 

You may then receive a formal reply in writing or you may be invited to meet with us to resolve the issue.  If the matter is likely to take longer than this we will let you know and keep you informed as investigations progress.  

How you make a complaint about primary care services is changing on 1 July 2023 

You have the right to make a complaint about any aspect of NHS care, treatment or service, and this is written into the NHS Constitution on GOV.UK.   

From 1 July 2023 the way members of the public make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner is changing.    By primary care services we mean GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services.   

There are two ways you can make a complaint:   

  • You can complain to the healthcare provider: this is the organisation where you received the NHS service, for example a GP surgery or dental surgery.   
  • You can complain to the commissioner of the service: this is the organisation that paid for the service or care you received. 

After 1 July 2023 if you want to make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner you will now contact NHS Cheshire and Merseyside integrated care board instead of NHS England.   

You can do this by: Telephone: 0800 132 996 ​​​​​​​E-mail:

  • Writing to us at:  Patient Experience Team, No 1 Lakeside, 920 Centre Park Square, Warrington, WA11QY.  

If you want to make a complaint directly to the provider of the primary care service, you still can – that does not change on the 1 July 2023.  Members of the public with ongoing complaints received on/after 1 July 2022 will receive a letter from NHS England informing them that NHS Cheshire and Merseyside is now handling their complaint with confirmation of their case handler. 

Members of the public with any ongoing complaints received before 1 July 2022 will receive a letter from NHS England informing them that their complaint is being retained by NHS England with confirmation of their case handler. 

If your complaint is about primary care services such as GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services, you should contact NHS Cheshire and Merseyside.   ​​​​​​​Telephone: 0800 132 996






 If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.Where the patient is incapable of providing consent due to illness or accident, it may still be possible to deal with the complaint.Please provide the precise details of the circumstances which prevent this in your correspondence.Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality.

 If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the Doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know.We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.  Our complaints system meets national criteria.


 We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, preferably at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem can not be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at the most a few weeks – this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint.You may choose to make your complaint orally or in writing 

 - within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem or

- within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem provided this is within the 12 months of the incident



Accessibility tools

Return to header